Remote Access using QuickBooks Remote Access Services
- Click on the ‘Accountant’ button which lies on the top menu bar of Home Screen. Next, scroll down to the option of ‘Remote Access’ and click it. The remote access screen will open up; scroll to the bottom and click on the phrase ‘Register for QuickBooks Remote Access’.
- Now register for this service. As soon as it is done, the Registration screen will open and prompt you for entering the basic information which will be used for accessing your QuickBooks file. Click on the ‘Submit’ button. Next, return to the Register’ screen and then click the ‘Log in’ button.
- In the next step, click on the button ‘Set up this computer NOW’. You will be asked by the Web-Ex window, whether you want the remote access software to be installed onto the computer. Click ‘Install’ and wait for the completion of the process. The entire process may take up to ten minutes; make sure that you do not proceed with other transactions during the installation of remote access program.
- Click ‘Next’ on Remote Access Setup Wizard screen. Select the authentication method which you wish to use. It can be a phone number or an access code. Choose the one you want and then enter it first in the top box and then in the confirmation box. Click ‘Next’, followed by choosing the additional options which are available in the next screen. The last four are selected for you by default.
- Click the button ‘specific applications’ followed by the QuickBooks version for which you wish remote access. Click the ‘Next’ button and then click the ’Finish’ button. Now, your computer is set up for remote access.
- Log in at the website of Webex in the Resources list. Use the authentication and the password from some other computer. Make sure that the computer you wish to access is on and connected to the net. Now, you may access all your QuickBooks files from the other location.
Remote Access using Paid Third-Party Software
- Choose the third party software you want to use. The most popular ones are the GoToMyPC services and the LogMeIn. LogMeIn service has an advantage over the other one, as is it offers a free, though limited version for download. On the other hand, the GoToMyPC service gives a free trial but it is paid service.
- Visit the website of Logmein and register for free LogMeIn account. Fill in the required information to get registered for the service. Next, enter the password and the identification you want to use for logging in to your computer.
- Now test the remote access. Leave the computer on and connected to the net. Then, use another computer to login with your password and identification. You will now be able to access your computer from the other remote computer and also perform any transaction in QuickBooks.
If you want any support or assistance for remote access to QuickBooks, dial qb support phone number for professional help. In case, this number is not available, you can search an alternative support number by using the reliable online directory called Contactforhelp.